Board Member (Volunteer)
Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity to meet other like-minded individuals who value community, volunteering and want to make an imapct around them? Why not join our organisation?
Position Advertised: Friday 2 November 2018
Closing Date: 5pm Wednesday 14 November 2018
Email Applications to: email@example.com
Job Title: Board Member
No. of Positions: 4
Reports To: President
Works With: Board Members
Employment Status: Volunteer
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Re-think Re-engage Australia (RRA) Inc is a non-profit incorporated organisation based in Brisbane. It is committed to partnering with and influencing government, business and the community in re-engaging the untapped talent of Australia’s older workers to increase the prosperity and competitiveness of the Australian economy.
Our Vision – To build and empower an older workers’ talent economy.
Mission – To engage the talent of Australia’s older workers to increase the prosperity and competitiveness of the Australian economy
Organisational Values – Engagement; Empowerment; Meaningful Work; Inclusion; Lifelong Learning
ABOUT THE POSITION
RRA is looking for four (4) new Board Members to support and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance, as the organisation expands in 2019. This is an extraordinary opportunity for individuals who are passionate about RRA’s mission.
Specifically, we are looking for individual Board Members will have:
- HR experience + exposure to social media
- HR experience + exposure to marketing
- HR experience + exposure to grants/ and fund raising
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review RRA mission and strategic planning including its long-term objectives annually
- Build a collegial working relationship that contributes to robust consensus building.
- Monitor the organisation’s performance with a focus on risk
- Approve annual budget, audit reports, and business decisions
- Be informed about, and meet all legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Attend monthly Board meetings and important related meetings and activities
- Serve on Project Teams/Committees to develop resources for the RRA strategy.
- Stay informed about Board and Committee matters, prepare for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports
- Serve as an ambassador for RRA
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
As a start-up Not-for-Profit organisation, Board Members work in project teams that progress strategies in aligning with RRA vision, mission and values. Ideal candidates will have the following experience/attributes:
- Experience/knowledge in the human resources, education or employment sectors
- Non-profit sector experience.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Superior communication skills
- Financial literacy
- Demonstrable interest in grant writing/submissions
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving lives.
- RRA is committed to having a Board made up of people with diverse views, experiences and backgrounds.
- We actively encourage women, people from culturally diverse and LGBTI backgrounds and men.
BOARD TERMS AND PARTICIPATION
- RRA Board Members will serve a one-year term and may be eligible for re-appointment for two additional terms.
- Board meetings are currently held eleven (11) times per annum on the 3rd Tuesday from 4pm-5pm in the Brisbane CBD. Other activities will include attendance at the Board Strategic Planning Day
- Service on the RRA Board is without remuneration, except for dministrative/project expenses.
- National Police Certificate required
- Submit a one (1) page cover letter with CV/resume outlining your skills and experience in relation to the specific Board Member role you are applying for.
- Interviews will be conducted during the week beginning Monday 19 November.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Tony Wiggins, Founder/President, Re-think Re-engage Australia Inc 0401 458 573