Who are the applicants?
Applications target professionals who are seeking to develop their professional skills to gain full employment.
Who are we looking for?
The RRA “Paid Corporate Internship” is for people who:
- Who have experienced difficulty in gaining full time employment.
- Have previous experience at mid-management level ideally gained in technology, financial services, e-commerce, or professional services organisations.
- Are team players, collaborative, excellent relationship builders and influencers, great problem solvers and adaptable.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Where will the applicants be placed?
Interns will be placed on a project, or in a department, where their skills and experience will be highly valued and utilised. Coaching, colleague mentoring and a comprehensive induction process will support your transition back to work.
As a part of the RRA internships, interns will:
- Be part of a team and work on an interesting assignment or project.
- Participate in induction/orientation to thenew work environment.
- Upgrade their skills.
- Attend workshops to enhance knowledge and networking skills.
- Learn about the business and the industry it operates in.
- Have a RRA “Success Mentor” to ensure that you have a successful experience.
- Develop new relationships and broaden your professional network.
RRA’s expects to offer internships across a number of professions depending on the type of organisations participating:
What if you could return to work at a business that values your skills and experience?
We know it can be tough for people to gain full time employment, so our program provides interns with a range of tools and support to help them find their way.
As an intern, you can expect to be fully immersed into the organisation for 8 weeks. From the start you may have the opportunity to work on a strategic and commercially-focused project, enabling you to build on your skills and previous experience.
What we offer to help you find your way:
- An eight (8) week program starting in August, on a fixed term contract
- An engaging and stimulating project with on-the-job training
- A structured “Getting Started” Program
- Weekly 1-2-1 Catch-up Meetings with your Project Manager
- A buddy from day one
- Dedicated support by an RRA Coach to ensure you are supported in the workplace
- Opportunities to learn about the business and develop new and existing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentation and planning skills
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Capable and driven to quickly learn new technologies
- Committed to continually upgrade technology skills set
- Must be very flexible and able to work in a self-directed, rapidly changing environment
- Operates in a cooperative and collaborative spirit as part of the host team
General Physical Requirements
There may be role specific requirements on a case-by-case basis but will include:
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time and/or getting up and down during the work day
- Ability to view a computer for a long period of time
- Have sufficient manual dexterity in hands to repeatedly and frequently work a keyboard and mouse
- Communicate cogently and responsibly with co-workers and clients
- Be ambulatory enough to obtain reports and documents from nearby printers
- Have sufficient energy to work a regular full-time schedule during traditional work hours
- Think clearly enough to make decisions and communicate information
- Ability to lift up to 10 kilograms
It is envisaged that the start date of Intake No. 1 will be August 2018.
Download and complete the application form. Then electronically send your application form and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org