Diversity, discrimination and equal opportunity policies and practices of RRA are outlined in this statement. Discriminatory practices, including workplace harassment, are unlawful.
RRA fosters a diverse and harassment free workplace and will not tolerate discriminatory or bullying behaviour. Inappropriate behaviour could lead to discipline and ultimately to expulsion or termination of employment.
For the purposes of the above paragraph, workplace harassment includes unwelcome offensive behaviour of a sexual nature and bullying that has or could have a detrimental effect on the conditions of an individual’s employment, job performance or opportunities.
This policy is to be read in conjunction with relevant legislation as amended and RRA policies.
The principal legislation, which is relevant to staff members and which should be read in conjunction with this Code, includes:
- Age Discrimination Act, 2004
- Competition and Consumer Act, 2010
- Crimes Act 1914
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Act 1999
- Fair Work Act, 2009
- Human Rights Commission Act, 1986
- Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000
- Racial Discrimination Act 1975
- Sex Discrimination Act 1984
- Model Work Health and Safety Act, 2010
- Anti-Discrimination Act 1991
- The Commission for Children and Young People Act 2000
- Criminal Code Act 1899
- Fair Trading Act 1989
- Invasion of Privacy Act 1971
- Queensland Work, Health & Safety Act, 2011
Approval date: 18 July 2017
Review date: 18 July 2019
Updated: 30 March 2018
Approval Authority: President
Policy Applies to: All Staff